Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

6"Ike-Dome for Tokina 10-17

Started by kornse ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

6"Ike-Dome for Tokina 10-17

6 posts
  1. Has anyone tried that combo? And is there any difference between 6" and 8" picture-wise? According to Ikelite it should not be a problem fitting it to the housing.(http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/2port_canon.html#seenote)

     

    If some of you have some pics I would love that.

     

    I am currently using the 8" Dome but i would like something smaller, since i sometimes freedive with it.

     

    Kind regards and a Marry Christmas

     

    Mads

  2. Mads,

     

    I routinely use the Ikelite #5503.20 6" dome port ( .20 designation has slightly larger cut outs in the shade) with a Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye lens.

     

    If you shoot a Canon 1.6X cropped sensor dSLR you will get no vignetting even at 10mm. With Nikon 1.5X cropped sensor models you may have to zoom to barely 11mm or so or crop in post.

     

    Either way unless shooting over / under split images this is a great compact solution.

     

    Email me directly if you want samples.

     

    davidhaas@sbcglobal.net

  3. Thank you David.

     

    I sent you an e-mail.

     

    Mads

  4. Used it on a 1.6x as well a lot, no problem, easy to use :lol:

  5. Used it on a 1.6x as well a lot, no problem, easy to use :lol:

     

    Second that. I am using it on a Canon 20D with a 6" dome and have no problems, but I did remove the dome shade. Here are two examples, though I didn't have much time to process them right.

    10mm:

    20090927-172504-62-Edit.jpg

    17mm:

    20090927-173226-73-Edit.jpg

  6. Hey Guys.

     

    Thanks for the advice and the pics.

     

    I am gonna order one shortly, since i can´t seem to live without it....

     

    Mads

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.