Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Rare Seahorse found in Arizona

Started by Steve Williams ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Rare Seahorse found in Arizona

11 posts
  1. Friends,

    I wanted to thank you all for a wonderful 2009 on Wetpixel. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

     

    This is the extremely rare hippocampus holidayia. Usually found in evergreen trees. Reportedly drawn to red and green lights and not easliy frightened by hilarious rapture.

     

     

    4200550161_7a8871f3cc_o.jpg

     

     

    Cheers all,

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Williams
  2. Catch and release I hope... :lol:

    Cheers,

    another Steve

  3. Friends,

    I wanted to that you all for a wonderful 2009 on Wetpixel. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

     

    This is the extremely rare hippocampus holidayia. Usually found in evergreen trees. Reportedly drawn to of red and green lights and not easliy frightened by hilarious rapture.

     

     

    Great shot, how deep was it and did the strobes bother it at all? :lol:

     

    Have a great holiday and New Year Steve....

  4. Great shot, how deep was it and did the strobes bother it at all? :lol:

     

    The water here in Arizona is extremely shallow, if you can find it. I think this little guy believed he was perfectly blended into his green home because he stayed perfectly motionless. I was able to Gitzo him with the 7D 100mm f/11 @ 1.6 sec. Rim light was provided by small bulb, painted red, 6 inches away. No strobes, (didn't want to scare him off) Thought about using my Magic filters but figured I could WB in RAW.

     

    I heartily agree with the catch and release approach, but I may keep this one. He seems to like hanging around.

     

    Steve

  5. Steve, you are obviously going nuts there in Arizona, lol. when are you coming to California to dive?

  6. Steve, you are obviously going nuts there in Arizona, lol. when are you coming to California to dive?

     

    Hey Scott,

    It wasn't that long a trip. Have a great holiday!

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  7. :lol: Great capture Steve!!

    Happy holidays to all!

     

    Karel

  8. Beautiful, irridescent colours - great capture!

  9. For a minute there, I was willing to guess Dave Harasti was scheduling a trip to Arizona just to photograph it. :lol:

  10. Obviously some rare green crinoid behind it!

  11. Hope Santa was good to everyone and best wishes for a great 2010.

    Bill

    Edited by segal3
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.