Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Recommendations for a High Quality Print Service?

Started by tangfish ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Recommendations for a High Quality Print Service?

6 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    Does anyone have a good recommendation for a really high quality printing service? I've found that snapfish and a number of local print shops don't deal with u/w photos too well, probably because the color temperature beings slightly off makes the colors look very strange. I think that they're used to doing topside photos, which is the vast majority of their business.

     

    I've gone to several high end print shops locally in Seattle, and found varying degrees of success when working with them to achieve good results.

     

    I need gallery quality prints, for commercial sale, large sizes, etc. - not just for a family photo album (for which my standards are lower).

     

    Thanks in advance for any leads.

  2. I use myphotopipe.com.

     

    If they are too pedestrian, try Calypso in San Francisco. Prices are higher and you need to prep your files from their downloaded paper profiles, but it can be worth it if you require the precision.

  3. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a really high quality printing service? I've found that snapfish and a number of local print shops don't deal with u/w photos too well, probably because the color temperature beings slightly off makes the colors look very strange. I think that they're used to doing topside photos, which is the vast majority of their business.

     

    I have two suggestions for you and both are in the Pacific Northwest, which may be an added plus :lol:

     

    You might check out Jack and Sue Drafahl for your prints. When I went to their presentation at the Northwest Dive and Travel Expo last year, I found out they are willing to work with you on your prints. They are located in Oregon

     

    Jack and Sue Drafahl

     

    The second suggestion is a place I use in Portland called Digicraft. They do work for an local underwater photographer who sells her prints at Galleries, exhibitions, etc.

     

    Digicraft

     

    I'm at work now, but I'll try to put in the links later.

     

    HTH,

     

    Ellen

    Edited by ornate_wrasse
  4. Chromatics here in Nashville is awesome. Their prints are excellent. Many of their clients work for National Geographic or in the entertainment/music industry. You can upload files to their site. I recommend having them mounted on foam board...
  5. Adoramapix is my favorite. They are the online lab for Adorama in New York. I have found their quality to be better than any other online lab. This is for people who do their own editing, which should be most of us. They have a good choice of papers with color profiles available for each.The Kodak Endura Metallic paper gives underwater photos an almost 3D look that I really like. www.adoramapix.com

    Edited by DesertEagle
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.