Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

sigma 150 mm makro + telekonverter

Started by sharky1961 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

sigma 150 mm makro + telekonverter

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    does anybody uses the sigma 150mm with a telekonverter? and if so are you pleased with the results??

     

     

    Rob

  2. Hi,

     

    does anybody uses the sigma 150mm with a telekonverter? and if so are you pleased with the results??

     

     

    Rob

     

    I use the Sigma 150 2.8 with the Sigma 1.4 converter. If you have used the 150 by itself underwater you already know how difficult it is to autofocus (and how low the contrast is compared to shorter focal length lenses). With the converter on, autofocus is even more difficult. Better contrast/sharpness/color/focus with the 105. I had a custom port made for this lens combo but a manual focus adjustment was not possible.

  3. I've used it w/ a Teleplus 1.4x tc coupled w/ the 500D diopter and gotten pretty good results. I don't focus the lens, just set it at minimum focal distance and move the housing.

     

    I think there are some samples in the article I wrote - in the library here.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. I also use it with a Canon 500D diopter and a Kenko 1.4 on a 5DII.

     

    My experience is that the lens struggles with focus in low light.

     

    Aengus

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.