Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon S45

Started by Anthony ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon S45

6 posts
  1. I have an S45 and I just bought a Sea&Sea Ys90 strobe. I am thinking of buying the sea&sea lense adapter and the 16mm wide angle and macro (MMII) lenses.

     

    Can anyone tell me if this is over kill buying the lenses for my camera. I know that I can use my strobe if I decide to upgrade down the track, but I don't know about the lenses? Is there much of a second hand trade in these lenses or will I be stuck with them.

     

    And also, are they good quality lenses to begin with?

     

    Much appreciated.

  2. The problem with the Sea&Sea lens is that the lens adapters for Canon WP-DC300 was discontinued and just now Sea&Sea were supposed to start make it again, so you have to check that the adapter is available.

    I bought the Inon WA lens because it wasn't available where I live.

  3. Anthony,

     

    I'm new in this business myself. I also shoot S45, since this summer underwater. The adapter ring for Sea&Sea lenses is still available. In fact, Sea&Sea are manufacturing it again for the WP-DC300. I Ordered it myself last week at www.onderwatercamera.nl (I'm dutch). But other stores should definitely have it if a dutch store does.

    The artical number from Sea&Sea is #38101.

     

    Have a look at http://www.seaandsea.com/

    Go to 'Product Line' and then to 'Digital conversion lenses'.

     

    Good luck

     

    danny

  4. Just got a call from camerasunderwater the Sea&Sea adapter is now in stock in the UK. Stocks are limited so get it while you can.

     

    Mark

  5. Anthony,

    I have the S45 and Inon wide angle and macro lens'.

    No hint of Inon discontinuing THEIR adapters.

    Quality seems excellent to me.

    All my photos taken in Madang are with this set up ( and Inon D180 strobe) - you can see the shots on my webpage

    HTH

    Tack

     

    My Webpage

     

    PS at the moment at least Inon has MULTIPLE cameras that their lens' will fit - if you upgrade to a housed compact at least

  6. Hi Anthony,

     

    I've used the S40 since last March and have gotten great results without a strobe so far.... but I don't shoot much wide angle yet. As for lenses, I would go with Inon. They offer two different types of adapter converters for the DC300 housing. One is for bayonet mount type lenses that they make and the other is a conversion adapter for 67mm screw on lenses which will allow you to use Inon or Epoque lenses... there may eventually be others that you can use with that set up as well down the line. the only difference with the 67 mm converter is that it will cover part of the internal flash.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.