Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea&Sea MDX-300 & Fisheye. Max depth

Started by limeyx ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea&Sea MDX-300 & Fisheye. Max depth

3 posts
  1. I am wondering what the max practical depth of the above combination (with two YS-250s) is.

     

    I have had mine down to 240feet with no issues a few times, but need to edge them a little deeper next year.

     

    I believe both are only rated to 200, so pushing much deeper than 240 doesn't necessarily seem that prudent.

     

    Does anyone have any direct experience ?

     

     

    Thanks,

     

    Nick

  2. I've only taken it to 210... I believe they must have a 1.5 safety margin, so I don't believe in much problems up to 300.

    But I would do an authorized revision on all o-rings prior and before it.

     

    Good luck and please report the results.

  3. I've only taken it to 210... I believe they must have a 1.5 safety margin, so I don't believe in much problems up to 300.

    But I would do an authorized revision on all o-rings prior and before it.

     

    Good luck and please report the results.

     

    I hope so too :) heh.

    I may rent a housing or cam/housing for the weekend to avoid making an expensive mistake.

     

    I have had mine to 225 a few times, and no issues so far but 270 seems a bit of a stretch.

     

    Should have had the patience to wait for the Aquatica housing.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.