Is elements a plugin or a stand-alone application?
Either way, I've noticed it being used on several photos on this site,
can anyone tell me what it is exactly, and what are its main features...
Thanks
Read-only discussion
Is elements a plugin or a stand-alone application?
Either way, I've noticed it being used on several photos on this site,
can anyone tell me what it is exactly, and what are its main features...
Thanks
Photoshop Elements it’s a stand alone application, its small and limited version of the regular PS.
It's have however a few nice tools that there aren't in the PS like the remove red eye tool.
I tried it for some time and what was missing me most were the actions tools that I use a lot.
I have used Elements for the past year, and I love it. For most practical purposes, it has about 90% of the functionality of Photoshop, but it only costs a small fraction of what Photoshop costs. I actually bought it for about $30, including two rebates.
The biggest feature that is missing is the Curves command, but frankly, I prefer to use the Levels command or other features. If you're not fairly experienced with curves, you can really make a mess.
I don't think that there is another photo-editing product on the market as good as Elements 2.0 for the price.
![]()
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.