Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Mutant Frogfish?

Started by serge ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Mutant Frogfish?

5 posts
  1. I found this painted frogfish yesterday and was confused when i looked at it and realized that ... it has 2 antennas – one going on each side of his head.

    Has someone seen this before? I checked all my frogfish pictures an could not find another bi-antennarius ...

     

    What is that? Just a one time Deformation/Mutiation?

     

     

    Serge

    post-5531-1262591837.jpg

    Edited by serge
  2. are you telling me you haven't mutated somewhat from living too long in lembeh?!?!

     

    I know i have ;)

     

    (first time i have seen one too..)

  3. Either way I must say that he is a lucky bugger, he has twice more chance to catching a fish ;)

  4. Just out of curiosity, could he move both lures independently?

  5. ... he wasn't fishing, so i could not see that. i will check ... if he can move them independantly, i will buy him a drum set

     

    @ mike: of course i have mutated ... didn't you hear our horrible music on new years eve?

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.