Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite 7D housing - focus lamp ???

Started by Dixter ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite 7D housing - focus lamp ???

2 posts
  1. The new Ikelite 7D housing has a spot to mount a focus lamp at the top of the housing... its a block of delrin with a threaded

    hole in it..

     

    What mounting hardware is the best suited for placing a focus lamp there...

     

    I'm thinking Ultralight or the Amphibico version??? What are your suggestions or what are you using??

     

    I noticed ultralight now has a extra long clamp AC-CSL to extend the focus lamp out a little further....

  2. I'm using the ultralight stud with just a single clamp (the normal one) connecting directly to the ball on my big blue focus light. I only have one dive on the setup so far, but it seemed to work reasonably well. Only gripe is that when tearing apart/assembling it's a little tedious to open/close the clamp each time. Really minor gripe though.

     

    Edited to show the setup. Realized I had a (poor) photo on hand.

    post-2405-1262806366.jpg

     

    eric

    Edited by hyptest
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.