Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Welsh TV programme on soon

Started by Paul Kay ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Welsh TV programme on soon

7 posts
  1. The Welsh TV series I have been working on this summer is to be broadcast shortly. Details and 'teasers' can be found here:

     

    http://www.s4c.co.uk/tircymru/e_video.shtml

     

    All shot on 5D2 with 15mm Canon lens (visibility being the biggest issue this summer!). It will be available with subtitling for non-Welsh speakers :D .

  2. Cymru is the only other welsh word I know :D

     

    I liked the sequence with the seal but why did you use the FE on the little fish? Don't you think a 24 or 35mm would've been better for closeups? Who did the post on this?

  3. Hey looks good Paul. I love the seal sequence too. Looks like it blows a bubble ring!

  4. Looks good!

     

    My brother lives nr Conwy; I'll get him to record the programmes for me.

     

    R

  5. I really enjoyed the teasers!

     

    Checked out some of the topside shorts as well, and really liked the otter shots and loved the rabbit/fox visual story.

     

    Would love to hear some of the Welsh narration if you have a short with that...beautiful language.

     

    Thank you for sharing this!

     

    - Mary Lynn

  6. why did you use the FE on the little fish? Don't you think a 24 or 35mm would've been better for closeups? Who did the post on this?

     

    Hi Drew

     

    Simple, the series is about Welsh landscapes (or underseascapes) and was shot on the fisheye to overcome low vis, etc. and still produce 'landscape' style shots. For this sequence we were working from a RIB and had only one dive in the location. Not sure who did the post but it was in Cardiff - I only shot it!

  7. 9pm next Sunday on S4C - footage used so far looks very effective and the difference between surface material and underwater whilst present is not all that significant.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.