As I promised Jo Horrocks in an earlier post, I have uploaded a short HD video to You Tube. This was taken on one dive on a single pinnacle called the Lonely Mushroom. The pinnacle is one of the Alternatives just South of Ras Mohammad on the Sinai Peninsular. The top is about 1.5m below the surface and the walls descend down to about 30m. It is a lovely dive, full of fish life, hard and soft corals. It also supports a shoal of my favourite Red Sea fishes - black spotted Sweetlips.
I hope it brings back a few memories for those of you that dive this area.
I would cut it up smaller and maybe not so sleepy music ZZZ, piano just does not do it for me.
What did you use to shoot that.
I would cut it up smaller and maybe not so sleepy music ZZZ, piano just does not do it for me.
Hi Wagsy, Thanks for your comments. It wasn't originally meant for You Tube, so I agree it could be a bit shorter. I could easily shorten the sequence on the sweetlips but they are my favourites I love piano music, and it was a very slow and dreamy dive, I seem to remember getting an hour and a quarter out of my 12 litre tank, including quite a while at 25m.
I used my Sony FX7 with an Amphibico Endeavour housing/94 degree port, using the internal blue water filter. Always my problem is keeping the camera still, particularly on close-ups, without touching the reef.
Roger
As I promised Jo Horrocks in an earlier post, I have uploaded a short HD video to You Tube. This was taken on one dive on a single pinnacle called the Lonely Mushroom. The pinnacle is one of the Alternatives just South of Ras Mohammad on the Sinai Peninsular. The top is about 1.5m below the surface and the walls descend down to about 30m. It is a lovely dive, full of fish life, hard and soft corals. It also supports a shoal of my favourite Red Sea fishes - black spotted Sweetlips.
I hope it brings back a few memories for those of you that dive this area.
Hiya Roger, Great to see some of your footage on Youtube at last.
It's been years since I've dived the Lonely Mushroom, it looks like it's not changed very much, there's always loads of life hanging around and some gorgeous colours.
Jo
Hi Jo,
It's certainly a great pinnacle, large enough to support a lot of life, and being out on its own in the current it attracts lots of shoals as well as supporting soft corals. It doesn't get dived as frequently as the classic Rasmo sites. Most day boats go on by to the Dunraven, a rather disappointing wreck in my opinion. The day I filmed the vis wasn't all that good near the surface (by Red Sea standards) so the shoals of yellow snappers were not so dramatic. There were three Napoleons at max depth, but I didn't manage to get close enough to do them justice on the video.