Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nikon L1 Problems with Ikelite Flash

Started by txdiverdude ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon L1 Problems with Ikelite Flash

2 posts
  1. I have a Nikon L1 camera that I use with an Ikelite housing and DS50 strobe. However, the flash pictures seem to almost always be grossly overexposed or doesn't strobe. Have had strobe "fixed" by Ikelite but no improvement. Uses the EV-Controller Slave Sensor since there is no sync cord connection on the camera. Has anyone else seen same problem or have a solution?

  2. Ok I will take a go.

     

    Are you always getting a full dump from the flash ?

     

    The EV controller should dial the flash right down to almost nothing, if it is not then the controller is suspect.

     

    Can you shoot the camera in manual mode - or is it auto everything ? (I am not familiar with it myself).

     

    Another option is that the pre-flash is getting in the way - if the DS50 is set up to ignore the first (pre) flash then dumps on the second (main) flash then the exposure the camera calculates based on the pre flash would cause significant over exposure.

     

    Paul C

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.