Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Over Under photos

Started by bankam ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Over Under photos

5 posts
  1. I am going to Raja Ampat in February and I wonder about techniques for over under photos. I am using a Toking 10-17 and a Sigma 17-70 in the Ikelite 8 inch port on a Nikon D300. I the past I had trouble getting the camera to focus on the over the water portion of the photo, maybe because I had a close up diopter on my lens. Any advice would be appreciated.

     

    Thanks

    Mike

  2. I am going to Raja Ampat in February and I wonder about techniques for over under photos. I am using a Toking 10-17 and a Sigma 17-70 in the Ikelite 8 inch port on a Nikon D300. I the past I had trouble getting the camera to focus on the over the water portion of the photo, maybe because I had a close up diopter on my lens. Any advice would be appreciated.

     

    Thanks

    Mike

     

     

    Hi Mike

    Yea you will have problems with the close up diopter and over-under shots. With the Tokina 10-17 you wont have that problem. One of the other things you can do is set the camera for spot focus. I hope you have upgraded to the new 4 port lock for the housing.

     

    Bill

  3. David Doubilet has written a useful article on shooting split levels, which you can read here.

     

    Alex

  4. Hi Mike

    Yea you will have problems with the close up diopter and over-under shots. With the Tokina 10-17 you wont have that problem. One of the other things you can do is set the camera for spot focus. I hope you have upgraded to the new 4 port lock for the housing.

     

    Bill

     

    Thanks Bill.

    I did do the upgrade, seems much more secure.

     

    Is there a trick for keeping water drops from ruining the photos? I don't know if you can use Rain-X on acrylic lenses.

     

    Mike

     

    David Doubilet has written a useful article on shooting split levels, which you can read here.

     

    Alex

     

    Thanks Alex,

    The article is very helpfull

     

    Mike

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.