Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D900 rumors

Started by Rocha ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D900 rumors

7 posts
  1. So, the rumor mill is active again. The new kid on the block seems to be a possible Nikon D900, basically a D700 with a better sensor (18mp at least) and 1080p video (not that I care about that).

     

    Rumors about this possible D900 are flying over the net, does anybody have any inside info they want to share? ^_^ I for one would be the first on the wait list if such camera ever materialized as I am looking for a smaller alternative to my aging D2x. Not that there is anything wrong with my D2x, but in the age of ever changing airport security smaller is always better.

  2. I don't really mind, I follow the rumors out of natural curiosity, but when it comes out (if it comes out) we will have plenty of time to think about it. At least some 6 months before the housing market gets somewhat defined for it... uwphotogs are never at the front wave anymore.

  3. I think I would also jump on D900 bandwagon to replace my D2X. However, I am still not sure if I really want to go FF or not ^_^

    I assume it will be at least 12 months or longer before Nikon will have any significant upgrade for DX sensor camera after recent release of

    D300s.

  4. So, the rumor mill is active again. The new kid on the block seems to be a possible Nikon D900, basically a D700 with a better sensor (18mp at least) and 1080p video (not that I care about that).

     

    Rumors about this possible D900 are flying over the net, does anybody have any inside info they want to share? :) I for one would be the first on the wait list if such camera ever materialized as I am looking for a smaller alternative to my aging D2x. Not that there is anything wrong with my D2x, but in the age of ever changing airport security smaller is always better.

    I presume you have read the same rumors as I have on Nikon Rumors; looks like we'll have to wait till February. ^_^

    I need a second full frame body; sure hope whatever is released will fit in my present housing with nothing more than a new back. If the rumors regarding same battery grip are correct then it should be pretty similar to the D700.

  5. I'd immediately buy a D900 if it materialized. I may have to anyways as my 2 D2X housings are current missing at MIA. Probably being sold off as we speak ^_^

  6. Interesting little point being suggested is the use of the same Kodak 18MP CCD as used in the Leica M9.

    Question for Drew. Will a CCD sensor be a better option for video?

    And here Bob Krist is shooting low light aerials of Miami with Gear he cannot talk about; does this say low light video?

    Some say the camera he is holding is a Sony with Zeiss, I say it looks like a Nikon.

    http://www.bobkrist.com/blog/miami-ice/

    Edited by loftus
  7. I'd immediately buy a D900 if it materialized. I may have to anyways as my 2 D2X housings are current missing at MIA. Probably being sold off as we speak ^_^

    Ouch, hope they show up.

    Bill

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.