Apparently I am not the only one that got a 2nd class brand new Nikon 70-200 VRII.
It seems that these issues are not limited to users in a particular country.
If you got one of these new lenses inspect the lens carefully checking for defects.
It is not clear if these issues affect or will affect the optical performance of the lens.
Pictures of what to look for are in my blog at:
http://jorgesantosphoto.wordpress.com/
Apparently I am not the only one that got a 2nd class brand new Nikon 70-200 VRII.
It seems that these issues are not limited to users in a particular country.
If you got one of these new lenses inspect the lens carefully checking for defects.
It is not clear if these issues affect or will affect the optical performance of the lens.
Pictures of what to look for are in my blog at:
http://jorgesantosphoto.wordpress.com/
So far mine looks fine; but I will watch for problems. Nikon need to address this quickly.