Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wide angle tips needed

Started by Chris Bangs ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Wide angle tips needed

4 posts
  1. Less than 24 hours and I will be on my way back to my home on Guam for 5 days of R&R. No work this time - just dive and play! :)

     

    God, I hope my housing did in fact arrive!!! :D

     

    I will of course do some macro but I will concentrate on wide angle as that is where I make my $$ (Underwater paparazzi INC.).

     

    I will be using a Fuji S 2 /Aquatica housing with a Nikon 16 mm and dual SB-104 or SB-105 strobes. I may just set the camera to manual as I do with the nikonos as I experiment with strobe power settings. My concern is how the S2 will handle the sun itself.

     

    Any and all tips are welcome

     

    Kindest regards

     

    Chris Bangs

  2. Chris,

     

    Craig's post is Required Reading!

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?act=S...=ST&f=16&t=3334

     

    Craig's shots are by far the best digital shots I have seen w/ the sun in the frame.

     

    You will have to put something between you and the sun or put the sun at the corner of the frame.

     

    On the S2, set it at ISO100, f22+ and 1/125 and work from there. You may even want a 1 stop ND for you lens - good thing you have those big strobes!

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. James

     

    Thanks, very good thread and stunning photos, nice work Craig!

     

    thats what I hope to get (sans the sharks). I will have to settle for a model (my wife) instead. I will not be able to get a ND filter before I leave so I may try using the fastest sync shutter speed possible. By the way, what is the fastest sync speed available for the S2 (hopefully 1/250. I am on the road and I do not have a copy of the S2 manual on this blasted Japanese computer (my wife's).

     

     

    Chris

  4. Sorry Chris, only 1/125th

     

    Cheers

    James

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.