Thanks for everyone's comments. I have been pushing straight down on the levers ALL the way, then moving the lever outward, just like I did with the one lever on my Subal housing for the D70S, but with no luck. .
I'm going to take it in to work tomorrow and see if other folks have any luck with it. I did call Reef who told me the springs on new housings may be stiff and not as easy to push as older housings.
Ellen
Ellen, with both my Subals for d200 & d300 I always have to use a wide, flat plastic pen end (like a sharpie) to open and close those housings. My hands & especially my previously injured right thumb/hand just isn't strong enough to push in those latches & rotate out (like it is so easy for guys with strong hands to do).
As said, place it down on a flat surface with a little padding, gently use the flat end of a sharpie pen to push straight & all the way down, then rotate gently out with your finger, all while still pushing down with "pen". The latch has to be rotated out to 45 deg to open, not to little or a slight bit too far or it won't open.
I use that technique all the time to open and close my Subals.
(Sharpie pens are best (I always have one along with my oring greese, etc) as they have a rubber indentation on one end & they never slip on me, that's with hundreds of times using this technique to open/close them)
Good Luck! Carol