Few months ago I bought Canon 50D, now it`s time to buy hosing for it! My previous camera was 400D with Sea&sea setup. Now I am considering to buy Aquatica housing for 50D because it goes up to 90m!Some of the best wrecks in Adriatic sea are located 50m and below!
My question is can I buy Aquatica housing and use Sea&sea ports? I know that for Hugyfot housing there is small adapter for using S&S ports with Hugyfot housings! Is there anything similar to this made for Aquatica housings!
It is very hard to sell UW equipment in Croatia so I am forced to keep my S&S ports! If there is no other solution I will stay on Sea&sea housings!
Thank you guys
Hi Alexx. I think your first problem will be finding a (new) Aquatica housing for your 50D (it's actually the 40D housing, but fits both), as it's been discontinued for a while now. I'm sure there's plenty of second hand ones floating around though, as a lot of people are currently upgrading.
Bog Alexx
My suggestion is to put your ports on Ebay for sale overseas. The problem with adapters is possible vignetting with some lenses like the fisheye. Plus S&S ports, even though they go deeper are technically rated to 60m.
The 40/50D bodies fit in the same housing so if you find a 40D housing, it should work with the 50D. Finding 2nd hand gear is almost an artform. Sretno.
One other option--my recollection is that Reef Photo (perhaps among others) can refit Sea&Sea housings with stronger springs in the buttons to make it usable down to 100 meters.