I have just got back from Fiji after 10 days of excellent diving. I had my 10D in my new UK housing and used the following lenses: Sigma 15mm fisheye, Canon 17-35mm, Canon 28-90mm, Canon 50mm macro and Canon 100mm macro. For strobes I used Sea and Sea YS 120 for wide angle and YS 90 Auto with YS 90 Duo for close-up and macro. I also took my housed Canon rebel 2000 but ended using it only once as I had so much fun with digital.
Like anything there was an initial learning curve with my new equipment but after some minor teething problems I managed to get consistantly good results. I was particularly impressed with the wide angle capabilities which I thought would be more difficult. The Sigma 15mm in the larger dome was awesome and literally became as easy as point and shoot once I got the setttings and lighting right. I have come back with hundreds of keepers. Likewise macro was fairly simple after correct exposure was established.
If anyone is interested I can pass on some tips and write a more thorough review.
Cheers and Bula!
Andre
Andre,
I am definitely interested. The UK housing is one of the housings I am considering for my 10d. Comparing it to the Jonah housing.
Would love to see more.
thanks, Bill
can you describe, or post a photo, of your complete UK kit? I'm curious how many ports you used for the lense assortment you listed? Also, with the 17-35, is there a zoom knob available in the housing or is it in the port?
thanks,
Marty
I am working on a full review as I have had several requests. Should have it done in a few days time.
To answer some questions for now:
I used the larger dome port, an extension ring and the standard flat port to house all the lenses I mentioned.
The zoom ( or manual focus ) lever is on the housing itself. The zoom or manual focus gears fit over the proximal part of the lens and conect with the gear of the zoom lever. It works well but is a bit different in that you control it with your right hand. The review will show this.