trying to get me som new macro lens to my olympus E410
The lens am thinking about is SIGMAEX1502.8 dg apo or sigma 1052.8 dg.
IS this godd lens if you comper to olympus own lens
ho is sigmas lens working whit olympus camera
regards kent
Hi Kent
Cannot compare to Olympus lenses as I have never had that system but I use the Sigma 150 with my Canon set up. It is a super lens in my opinion and very sharp indeed. I have seen many similar views. The only slight drawbacks to me are size and weight.
However, isn't yours a crop factor camera which would effectively double the focal length of this lens? If so, it would be far too much focal length for underwater use.
I used to shoot an oly system u/w. Just my thoughts on this. Get the sigma 105mm for 1:1 work as the oly 50mm is a 1:2 lens and sometimes that isn't enough even with wet lens/diopters. The 105mm tends to hunt but it's a pretty decent lens with good IQ. the oly 35mm is a 1:1 lens but the working distance is too short IMO.
Hi Kent
Cannot compare to Olympus lenses as I have never had that system but I use the Sigma 150 with my Canon set up. It is a super lens in my opinion and very sharp indeed. I have seen many similar views. The only slight drawbacks to me are size and weight.
However, isn't yours a crop factor camera which would effectively double the focal length of this lens? If so, it would be far too much focal length for underwater use.
Hi yes ist tru me oly camera crop 2 so its doubel the focal length regards kent
The Sigma 105 macro has a slow auto focus speed compared to the Olympus lenses. If you chose to use manual focus you will not be able to switch back to AF while in the water. In manual focus the lens can be damaged if you turn the camera off and the lens attempts to retract while the gear is engaged in the housing. This can be avoided by going into the cameras menu and turning off the auto lens reset function. Once done the lens will remain at the point it was focused to when the camera is turned off.