What I'm more interested in is whether Thomas or Mike warned you about crocs in the area?
Hey, the chance to get bitten was 3 to 1 :-)
No...to be serious, I ´v heard and read about the accident in Misool and i was really concerned and disappointed and i felt sorry for the diver.
Because first on my list were the habitat of the Mangroves.
The Misool Mangroves are hundreds of kilometres far away from the Manroves i´ve dived and snorkeled.
I wouldn´t snorkel in the Misool mangroves.
I think crocs need land near the water where they can stay, have a rest, lay eggs,...the shore wasn´t like this.
We had a carefull look while we stayed there upon the vessel and it seemed to be okay, so we jumped in.
We also get no warning by the crew who know the place well. Other Liveaboards did there diving and snorkeling too.
Maybe these are childish and silly toughts. But the most important thing - nothing happend - except wonderful memories and a nice movie.
What have you done in my place?
ciao, Alex.