After recently returning from a dive trip to Triton Bay and Raja Ampat, I have concluded that it is time to take the plunge, stop procrastinating, and purchase a DSLR. My P&S images from the trip were fair, but not good enough for travel to the other side of the planet. 2 questions, all feedback is welcome:
1) I have narrowed my decision down to the Nikon D300s and the Nikon D90 dSLRs. Cost aside, I have read that someone migrating from a P&S camera would be overwhelmed by the D300s, thus making the D90 a better choice. Do you agree with this statement or not?
2) I already own/use two Ikelite DS125 strobes, thus will be getting the Ikelite housing for either the Nikon D300s/Nikon D90.
For macro images, which lense should I purchase and what dome is this compatible with, and for "regular" underwater images what lense should I use and which is the compatible dome for this? Is there one Ikelite dome that can accommodate both lenses?
Thank you for taking the time to respond...