Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Quick Diopter question

Started by saudio ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Quick Diopter question

3 posts
  1. I couldn't find a category for this so I picked the one with the most traffic :-)

     

    I'm in saint vincent, and I need some more magnification. I have a Subsee 10X and an Inon UCL 165, I wish to stack the Inon on the Subsee, but for some reason the Subsee has male threads on both ends. (why?)

     

    That means the Inon would be stacked backwards (curved side of the glass toward the camera instead of the flat side of the glass).

     

    So, will that work??

     

    thanks

     

    Mike

  2. I couldn't find a category for this so I picked the one with the most traffic :-)

     

    I'm in saint vincent, and I need some more magnification. I have a Subsee 10X and an Inon UCL 165, I wish to stack the Inon on the Subsee, but for some reason the Subsee has male threads on both ends. (why?)

     

    That means the Inon would be stacked backwards (curved side of the glass toward the camera instead of the flat side of the glass).

     

    So, will that work??

     

    thanks

     

    Mike

     

    You must have a different SubSea than me. My SubSea is much smaller in diameter than my Inon 165 . . . And BTW, what the heck are you shooting that the 10x won't get it?

     

    Mike

  3. You must have a different SubSea than me. My SubSea is much smaller in diameter than my Inon 165 . . . And BTW, what the heck are you shooting that the 10x won't get it?

     

    Mike

     

     

    This is the new SubSee, same diameter. And I'm shooting a 60 where everybody else is shooting a 105.

     

    Bill Tewes finds things that are barely visible to the naked eye. Stuff that is 2-3 mm. It's crazy.

     

    Yesterday I was shooting a NIB (not in book) shrimp that, with the 10X, was still a mere speck on the frame.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.