Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Housing - Viewfinder

Started by maceras ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing - Viewfinder

7 posts
  1. Hi there,

    I've recently bought an ikelite housing for my eos 300d,

    I find quite hard to see through the viewfinder.

    It has the normal Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier.

     

    there is any solution?? rather than buy the expensive viewfinders (dyron- nauticam) or just get used to it :-(

     

    many thanks

  2. often overlooked:

     

    what kind of mask do you have? how big? the bigger the mask, the further the viewfinder is from you eye and the harder it is to see. try a super low volume mask. I use the aqualung micromask, its about as small as they get, like swim goggles with a protruding nose pocket. makes a huge difference. oh, and always get a black mask, cuts out extraneous light.

     

    if that doesn't work for you, or you already use a low volume mask, then look to viewfinders. Cheers,

     

    Chris

  3. The idea of a tranferable viewfinder is a good one. I currently have two Subal magnified viewfinders that cost over 1000$ each.

     

    The viewfinder is well worth it, but I wish I didn't have to buy two.

  4. Hi,

    Our friends at Backscatter show an Inon viewfinder attached to an Ikelite housing. http://www.backscatter.com/learn/article/article.php?ID=36

    Might be worth a call to them to see if it will work in your 30D model.

     

    Good luck!

    Steve

     

     

    I'm having a similar issue...I have a Sea&Sea DX-1G. The view box for the LCD is gray and often too dark for me to see clearly. I've lightened up the lighting on the camera display and put a rubber shield that comes with the housing but it only darkens more. Should I search for a clear acrylic housing, does Ikelite make one for this model?

  5. I'm having a similar issue...I have a Sea&Sea DX-1G. The view box for the LCD is gray and often too dark for me to see clearly. I've lightened up the lighting on the camera display and put a rubber shield that comes with the housing but it only darkens more. Should I search for a clear acrylic housing, does Ikelite make one for this model or someone else?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.