Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wide Angle Recommendations for Aquatica w/D2x

Started by eric black ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Wide Angle Recommendations for Aquatica w/D2x

1 posts
  1. Because I plan on shooting this lens for land based work as well, I really dont want a fisheye lens. I would like to invest in a wide angle rectilinear zoom lens but per the Aquatica web site, I think my options are limited to the Nikon 12-24 (not really wide enough for what Id like to do) and the Sigma 10-20mm/f4-5.6.

     

    Im looking for general impressions related to the two lenses I would rather buy due to their utility on land and the great ratings they seem to recieve- they are the Tokina 11-16mm and the Nikon 10-24mm. Im also somehwhat curious about the Sigma 10-20/f3.5 which I have seen no reviews of whatsoever.

     

    Questions are to those who have owned and used either in an Aquatica housing or otherwise-

     

    is there zoom and or focus gears available for either?

    will the lens even fit in my Aquatica housing?

    is a diopter required for operation using an 8" dome port? Will a port extension be needed and if so which one works?

     

    Im also looking for general impressions with respect to which rectilinear wides work best when used for UW use- Ill take all the input I can get

    thanks for all replies in advance

    Eric

    btw- I am currently leaning towards the sigma with the 4-5.6 aperture range although if I was going for land only, I would opt for the Tokina

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.