Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 70 mm macro and wet close up lens

Started by Pedro ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 70 mm macro and wet close up lens

4 posts
  1. I have a IKELITE housing for a Canon 450D camera, in macro photography I work with a Sigma 70 mm macro lens and a IKELITE flat port 5508.70 ¿Some one have experience with a Sigma 70 mm macro lens and a wet close up lens, like MACROMATE lens or SUBSEE lens?

    Thank you very much for the information.

    Pedro

  2. I have a Subsea lens and use it with a 90mm macro on a Nikon D80 it focuses very close to the port. I tried it on a 50mm macro and I can't get 1:1 with it place I actually get closer without it. Not sure if it would work very well with a 70mm macro lens.

  3. The amount of magnification achievable from any given diopter is directly related to the focal length of the primary lens it is used in conjunction with - the longer the focal length, the more magnification is possible (when comparing lenses with the same reproduction ratio capability, i.e. 1:1 macro lenses).

     

    I've personally never used the lens you speak of, but if the minimum focus distance is ~16cm (257mm - 95mm = 162mm, from Sigma website), the SubSee will definitely increase magnification by some amount, since it makes focusing possible between ~4cm-10cm which wasn't possible in its absence.

     

    So, to synopsize: It is possible to use the SubSee with your 70mm Sigma lens, however, you won't achieve as high a level of magnification as you would with the much more common Canon 100mm lens (or Nikon 105mm).

     

     

    Keri

  4. Thanks for the information, I will buy a Canon 100 mm macro and I don´t use my Sigma 70 mm macro lens with the close up wet lens.

    Best regards

    Pedro

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.