Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

selling documentarie

Started by Brumpy ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

selling documentarie

2 posts
  1. Like some of you know I am working on a 52' documentary www.ondinesia.com , now I can tell you we are almost ready, 1 or 2 more weeks and everything is completely finished!

    I found an agent that is looking forward to sell this documentary so I hope after allot investing in time, money etc.. To make money from this documentary!

    Difficult to know how much it is going to sell true the agent but they are looking hopeful!

     

    Now something happened, a really big TV station is interesting in buying the documentary directly from me! But I do not have any idée what to ask them! I know how much money I invested till know but I never even counted my own time and that’s allot!

    And the fact is if I agree on whatever offer they are going to give me, am I doing the right thing? Or is it going to be better to work with the agent and give them a % of everything?

    Know that the whole documentary is on FULL HD.

    Looking forward to receive some info

     

     

    Greetings Bruno

  2. A lot depends on the time slot they plan to broadcast, how big the station is and what sort of terms (length of broadcast rights etc).

    It can go from $10-50k for filler slots (for eg. 02-0600 hr slots) and $75-250k for prime time slots. It really depends on the show. I'm assuming you are talking about an European TV station, which is usually lower than US broadcasters.

    HD is like the standard now so it doesn't really matter.

    I should add my numbers are about 1 year old so it may be different now.

    Edited by Drew
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.