Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tokina 10-17 FE for Canon discontinued?

Started by oskar ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 10-17 FE for Canon discontinued?

8 posts
  1. Any confirmation or rejection of this rumor?

     

    Unfortunately I put off buying one for my 500D until the summer when I will by the housing, but it seems like that plan backfired...

     

    /O

  2. I just got the last one from my dealer, I asked him that very question and according to his Tokina rep, the lens is not yet discontinued. There's tons of Nikon mounts available, it's just the EF mount that is sold out everywhere.

     

    S.

  3. Wow, shocked to see your dealer had one. All major dealers in the US have been out of them since mid November!! The 11-16 has been pretty much out of stock as well. Scary to hear rumors of discontinuation and see no products being delivered for more than 2 months.

  4. Mike

     

    My dealer has a few of the 11-16s in stock. Allen's Camera in PA. www.allenscamera.com

     

    Stu

  5. I found one last week. It was the last Canon mount they had.

     

    Step 1. Go the Tokina Dealer List

     

    Step 2. Go through the list one by one and try to buy the lens if they have it.

     

    This is trial and error as you sometimes have to order it and wait to hear whether it is in stock or not.

     

    Here are my notes I had on my iPhone on possibilities:

     

    Ft. Worth

    Tri State says they have

    Nelson has it

    PhotoZone has

    Roberts says in stock (This is where I got mine, but I think it was the last one)

    San Jose has

     

    These are my notes. When I say "they have it", it means the website says they have not, not necessarily that they really have it. You can always call. Good luck on the search.

     

    Or you could switch to Nikon. I have two of the Nikon mounts.

  6. Any confirmation or rejection of this rumor?

     

    Unfortunately I put off buying one for my 500D until the summer when I will by the housing, but it seems like that plan backfired...

     

    /O

    I waited to late too get a non-HSM Sigma 17-70. I got a Tok 10-17 FE, Nikon mount in Dec. from Canoga Camera. Today they list Nikon mounts, but OoS for Canon. You might call them anyway.

    Bob

    Canoga

    Edited by Deep6
  7. Have you checked with Ryan at ReefPhotoVideo? They list a Tok 10-17 for Canon. RPV_Site

    Bob

  8. Like everybody else, we are out of stock too.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.