Which Compact Flash cards would people recommend for a 7D? I must admit that I haven't kept up with the developments and I need to order some for the 7D. I presume Sandisk are still the leaders but they have Extreme, Extreme Pro, Extreme III and Extreme IV.
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Which CF cards for 7D?
-
-
I use a 16GB Extreme with mine as I thought is was a reasonable balance between cost and speed. I didn't notice any real difference between this and my older 8GB Extreme III (which are half the speed) when shooting stills but the time to download the files was much shorter. I thought the higher speed card would be better if I ever get around to shooting video with it too (not that I know anything about shooting video
). -
Many thanks Gudge. One of these days I will have to jump in the car and head down to your part of the coast and meet up with you and Mary at the same time.
Have you calculated out how many full size RAW files from a 7D will fit on a 16GB card?
-
I got a Sandisk Compact Flash Extreme III 32 GB.
I was deciding between a faster 16GB card and the 32GB card I eventually got. The price for the cards was the same. The faster card would according to the sales person allow me to take 12 minutes of HD movie before I had to take a pause to save it, while the slower card could only do 10 minutes. I figured that 10 or 12 minutes did not make any difference to me, as I like my movie clips to be less than a minute.
On my 32GB card I can store more than 999 (largest the display shows) raw images.
-
You better be quick, our house is on the market and we hope to be out of here mid year.Many thanks Gudge. One of these days I will have to jump in the car and head down to your part of the coast and meet up with you and Mary at the same time.
A freshly formatted 16GB card shows a capacity of 603 full size RAW files.Have you calculated out how many full size RAW files from a 7D will fit on a 16GB card? -
You better be quick, our house is on the market and we hope to be out of here mid year.
I wasn't expecting that!
A freshly formatted 16GB card shows a capacity of 603 full size RAW files.Cheers - I prefer to touch/open as little as possible during a days diving and 603 images is usually enough for me to get through a day.
-
Loved the first four years, the shine started to go off after five and now into our sixth year we need to get back to civilisation! We'll miss the diving but that's about all.I wasn't expecting that! -
Loved the first four years, the shine started to go off after five and now into our sixth year we need to get back to civilisation! We'll miss the diving but that's about all.
I can understand that - I need my sanity breaks from up here every few months or else I get grumpy and really irratable