Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

RED ONE/DEEP RED footage: Coralreefs Indonesia

Started by steuermann ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

RED ONE/DEEP RED footage: Coralreefs Indonesia

10 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    Edi Frommenwiler, whom you may know as the skipper of the indonesian liveabaord Pindito, is proud owner of a Red One in a Deep Red Housing. Lately he gave us this remarkable collection of footage that he made during the last months. Apart from its technical aspects, this truely belongs to some of the best coral reef footage that I have seen at all. Wonderful videography!

     

    Here is the (of course) downsized, but still stunning video:

     

    Marinevideo - Edi´s Red one footage

     

    Hope you enjoy,

     

    Marcel

     

    marinevideo.eu

  2. Marcel I think you should redo the compression. of the file. There are so many artifacts in the motion it looks like it was shot from the iphone. I realize you don't want to kill bandwidth but the clip looks terrible.

    Good to see Edi is enjoying his new toy though.

  3. Drew, Could this be your own computer or server? I watched the first 3 minutes and other than some shakeyness and extreme jello effect at 2:50 which may have been the cam itself, I didn't see any artifacts.

    Steve

  4. It's not jello Steve, the compression is bad. Too few key frames for so you just compression artifacting in scenes where there are many subject movement, especially with the schooling fish and water backgrounds. The motion looks weird and that's why you think there's jello. It's the compression. Auvica is a bit problematic to me.

    I just realized it's Edi who compressed this. Opps sorry Marcel. I'll try contacting Edi.

  5. Bummer, cannot watch it out here in the desert, have to wait till I get back to the pollution... :P

  6. The motion looks weird

     

    Yes it does.

  7. Did anyone find out what lens was used for the macro work?

  8. Probably a Nikon lens with a mount adapter. Cheapest way to get a variety of lenses.

  9. Probably a Nikon lens with a mount adapter. Cheapest way to get a variety of lenses.

     

     

     

    Edi here,yes it was a nikon 105. there is no makro lense from red I no of.

     

    The Mantas looks so because the port got fogged ,the red in the housing is geting to hot after 1 hour

    Edited by edifro
  10. Nice, would luv to see it at full res.... :drink:

    Yeh, could of done better in compressing it for the web.

    Edited by wagsy
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.