Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon 17-55mm DX Zoom Lens

Started by Ron Boyes ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon 17-55mm DX Zoom Lens

4 posts
  1. Has anyone used this lens yet?

    Do you have a price?

     

    regards

    ron

  2. It's not on the street yet.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. When I read the specs I believe that the lens does not have close focus macro capacity at the 55 mm end. To me this would seem to limit the usefulness of this lens underwater.

     

    I was hoping for a DX lens of 16 - 55. With close focus at the wide end and 1:1 macro at the 55 end. Such a lens would give you the cover range of the Nikonos 20 mm lens at the wide and macro at the other. It might be close to the perfect lens.

  4. I use the Nikon 24-85mm f2.8~4 extensively underwater on my F5, but use it in its "macro" mode which is from 35~85mm. This lens is roughly the focal length equivalent for digital and ought to perform reasonably well by using it with a 6" dome port and extension tube combined with a +4 or +3 diopter.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.