Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Inon Wide angle lens + Canon S45

Started by Anthony ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon Wide angle lens + Canon S45

3 posts
  1. I am looking to buy a wide angle and macro lens for my S45.

    I have a Sea&Sea YS90DX strobe attached by means of a Sea&Sea base stay.

     

    Now I was considering the Inon W/A because of the optional dome port, but I saw some photos of the Inon lens adapter and it appears to screw in to the bottom of the housing. Problem is my strobe is already screwed in there.

    Is there a way around this problem, or am I screwed?

    (Screwed meaning that I have to go with the Sea&Sea lenses...)

     

    Appreciate any feedback.

  2. Hi Anthony,

     

    Interesting question. I think the Inon WA lens screws onto the front of your lens port - so I'm confused when you say you saw a photo showing it connected to the tripod thread.

     

    In any case, I would check with other Canon shooters (there are quite a few here) to see if that wide angle lens is compatible.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. The Inon adapter is indeed connected to the tripod thread (the canon housings don't have screw thread in frontof the port)

     

    I have a hand made try so I configured it to mount with 2 screws to the Inon adapter.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.