Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DIY :: Laser-triggered macro photography

Started by laz217 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

DIY :: Laser-triggered macro photography

2 posts
  1. Wow! I wonder if I can get a housing for something like this:

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoopa_hs/se...57611107153997/

     

     

    Which reminds me.. Back in the old days of the Nikon D70 there was a undisclosed trick where you could lock the focus at a specific spot and press down the shutter button. The camera would not take the shot until the subject crossed your preselected focus path. Is this functionality still around on some of the newer Nikons?

  2. I was just looking at those photos last week, as I was interested in doing something similar, but a whole lot less complicated. I hope I can do as well as that guy when I get to be his age. :P

     

    If your into DIY , check out www.arduino.cc for open source electronics projects. The Arduino microprocessor is fast and powerful , yet easy to program. Cheap too, with free software that works through your USB port. The best part is that they have a lot of camera remote trigger projects that are easy to assemble and use that are listed on the arduino website.

     

    As for the D70 trick, the answer is yes, as I have been using the technique with my D2x. Google “Nikon trap focus” for more info.

     

    Hope that helps.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.