Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Mixing Canon movs with HDV

Started by wagsy ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Mixing Canon movs with HDV

5 posts
  1. Working out the best way to mix in Canon 7D and HDV files on my NLE.

    I'll get the Canon underwater one day but have to use up top footage for now. ;)

     

    Work flow was open a 1920/1080 25p timeline, drop the raw Canon 1920/1080 mov's and 1440/1080 50i HDV m2t files to it.

    Edit then render out a file to load up to youtube.

     

    Birds and cows first then underwater.

     

  2. Looking good and you only have had it for a week or so? (Something like that?)

     

    Can't wait to see you take the 7D UW Wags ;)

  3. Yes... me think I will get a Nauticam unless someone makes me an offer I cannot refuse... ;)

     

    Here is how to do it with a 155 meg DVD MPEG2 spec file to download if ya want.

    Of course it's only for those that use the same NLE as me.... ;)

    No I get nothing from them either...

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/Mixing_Canon_7D_video_DVD.html

     

    O and here are some 7D ants......I know they are funny looking kind of fish...... but they were near some water....

  4. Of course it's only for those that use the same NLE as me.... ;)

     

    ;)

     

     

    O and here are some 7D ants......I know they are funny looking kind of fish...... but they were near some water....

     

    That was great, real nice job with all the shots and really entertaining. Of course a couple of the shots bought back some memories of shooting on a beach where the ant hills were rather obscured in a couple of places. Ouch is all I can say :) Nice job on the zooms, were you moving the camera or using the lens? Looked smooth to me. Which lenses are you shooting with?

  5. Hi Drew.

    I cheated, the zooming and panning was all done on the NLE. :(

     

    I used the 18-135m lens that came with the camera.

    Tokina 11-16mm soon.....

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.