Hello All
Well I have at last entered the digital age underwater with my S2 in an aquatica housing and a 16mm behind a standard 8" dome. No macro this go around because I quickly realized that digital wide angle was a bit more difficult than shooting with film. The initial results using the same manual settings I would with a Nikonos produced poor results, subsequent dives using different settings soon pruduced much better results.
All of the images, which include the sun in the background or just outside the frame result in the blue background turning quite green in the brighter portions of the shots regardless of aperture and shutter speed. Of course, faster shutter speeds/smaller apertures which resulted in darker backgrounds reduced the affect but did not eliminate it.
I have included a shot, bwhich was shot in RAW mode, the image had no adjustments in the conversion. nor any additional correction outside the conversion process.
I hope to get some tips as to how to correct the color either in the RAW conversion itself or in photoshop.
As for the Aquatica housing, I am quite pleased with it but there are a couple features that could use a bit of improvement.
The window for the top LCD could be a lot better/bigger, I had a VERY
difficult time seeing the info. Also it would have been nice if Aquatica
had printed the setting positions for the function dial on the housing. I will put a magic marker and
white-out to use, to correct this!
The tiny viewfinder on the S2 makes seeing the
info in the viewfinder a bit difficult.

