However for one surf photographer who found his way into the water, you can see he's desperately trying to save his Canon camera with a 70-200 lens. I'd have to say that Canon Professional Services will not be allowing warranty repairs on that rig.
However for one surf photographer who found his way into the water, you can see he's desperately trying to save his Canon camera with a 70-200 lens. I'd have to say that Canon Professional Services will not be allowing warranty repairs on that rig.
Ouch... that looks expensive! P.S. Congrats to South African big wave surfer Chris Bertish for winning the event!
Regards
Jean.
AUWE!!! (hawaiian for Oh That SUCKS!)
That shot could sell a few surf housings.
Looks to me like he has a wetsuit on... probably fell off jet ski. While watching event it appeared there were guys out with cameras without housings. OUCH
Yeah, quite a few guys don't like the bulkiness of a housing or the difficulty in working with a bag like EWA marine. If he managed to keep it out of the drink quickly when he fell in, it could've survived. My 1D2 suffered a submergence (albeit in fresh water) and still shot 3 years after that without any issues.
If he managed to keep it out of the drink quickly when he fell in, it could've survived. My 1D2 suffered a submergence (albeit in fresh water) and still shot 3 years after that without any issues.
Different tolerance for risk, though I think if I had a set-up of those cameras and lenses shown in those photos, I would not have to worry about it surviving, the shock would kill me
I cant understand why, with that lens, they put themselves in that position. Screw the shot .... that's serious buisness with all of that water moving around!
I think that he is desperatly trying to save his life getting back to the jet ski before the next wave comes...
Or maybe he is trying to save the photographer/jetski driver as one person is missing/not on the picture.
Holy cow, 40' waves, and watch those videos, this guys where very lucky!