I'm not an experienced iWeb user. I know to copy the embed code on my video on Vimeo but how and where do I go from there in terms of putting it on my new iWeb site. Would appreciate any advice here. iWeb has a Youtube widget but the video looked horrible so I want to embed from Vimeo.
Steve
I'm not an experienced iWeb user. I know to copy the embed code on my video on Vimeo but how and where do I go from there in terms of putting it on my new iWeb site. Would appreciate any advice here. iWeb has a Youtube widget but the video looked horrible so I want to embed from Vimeo.
Steve
Hmm...I guess I should know this since im certified ilife 09, but im not 100% sure I do, but ill do my best to answer.
You can embed your vimeo in iweb, but you will have to do via a shadow box. Shadow box's are not covered in the actual ilife training, so I dont know the exact way to do it, but if you go to the iweb forum on the apple site people will be glad to help. In the meantime, this link should be able to help you. It has a tutorial on making shadowbox's.
I believe that all you need to do is get the embed code from vimeo, which is usually the url. Then use the iweb widgets tab and paste that code in and you should be good to go. I haven't tried Vimeo but it worked with other video embeds.
But Drew, I only see the Youtube widgets in iWeb so which widget would I use? Meanwhile I will try to learn something about shadow box
Steve
But Drew, I only see the Youtube widgets in iWeb so which widget would I use? Meanwhile I will try to learn something about shadow box
Steve
1.) Get the embed code from Vimeo.
2.) In Web Widgets (the Box Icon Pulldown at the bottom next to shapes) choose HTML snippet
3.) In the box that pops up for the snippet, place the code and the video will show up
For instance paste the following for the OWU 2009 Presentation