Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ike digital rebel housing

Started by james ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Ike digital rebel housing

7 posts
  1. Here's a photo:

     

    031009_090648_90025.jpg

     

    031009_091615_90034.jpg

     

    The housing is not much bigger than the first Ikelite housing I ever bought - the Coolpix 990. This is a really nice little unit!

     

    I think that David Haas may be diving with it in the near future so hopefully we'll learn more about the unit. Let's all cut Dave some slack though - because I don't think he's shot a Canon camera in a decade...:-)

     

    This is a prototype unit, and there are sure to be some tweaks and changes ahead, but this new form factor is really going to go a long way.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. ..But Dave did get a shot of a Great Hammerhead Shark yesterday with his 'Nikon' while diving with Quiescence, James. :)

     

     

    Cheers,

     

    James 'I forgot to log off someone's PC' Wiseman :D

  3. Does it have a price tag?

  4. Laz, you dog!

     

    Sounds like you guys had a good dive or two eh?!?! You and Dave should thank me - if I had gone along I'm sure you wouldn't have seen that hammerhead...:-)

     

    As far as I know, Ikelite hasn't set a price yet for the D-Rebel housing.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. It does look a very neat bit of kit. Small housings are always good. i think the pentax might be good in this respect because it is so small. Its much smaller than the Canon.

  6. And did those sneaky ikesters reveal that this housing can be offered for some camera with a D-100 designaion............?

  7. Yes, you said it, not me Ike! It's public information now...:-)

     

    I'd like to see a D100 in there!

     

    Cheers

    James

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.