Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Alert Diver - Q1, 2010

Started by StephenFrink ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

Alert Diver - Q1, 2010

15 posts
  1. post-630-1266596185.jpg

     

    The print versions of the new Alert Diver should have hit most member mailboxes this week. Hope you like it!

     

    However, for our friends overseas who might be able to get a copy, here is an online version:

     

    http://tinyurl.com/AD-flipbook-2

  2. post-630-1266596185.jpg

     

    The print versions of the new Alert Diver should have hit most member mailboxes this week. Hope you like it!

     

    However, for our friends overseas who might be able to get a copy, here is an online version:

     

    http://tinyurl.com/AD-flipbook-2

     

     

    Haven't gotten the hard copy yet, but went to the link, looks great again.

  3. I got mine last week and think it looks awesome Stephen! And I was happy to contribute to it with the Sanilac Shores piece.

  4. I got mine last week and think it looks awesome Stephen! And I was happy to contribute to it with the Sanilac Shores piece.

     

    Thanks Andy. We were proud to have your work included. Nicely bookended by other Wetpixel enthusiasts too, Douglas Seifert for the cover and Tom Kline for the Parting Shot.

  5. Looks great!

    ~Abi

  6. It looks very nice. Im jealous, we need this in europe as well.

  7. It looks very nice. Im jealous, we need this in europe as well.

     

    Thanks Cor - I appreciate the kind comments!

     

    BTW ... we just updated http://www.alertdiver.com/ as well, the companion site for the magazine.

  8. Stephen, have you considered the possibility of an opt-in PDF version? As much as I love the new glossy format, I would happily save DAN some money by downloading a PDF instead.

  9. Kudos Stephen,

     

    Amazing job again... what else to expect from an expert like you and the incredible team you have.

     

    I know it is hard work and commitment.

     

    Bravo.

     

    Michel

  10. Stephen, have you considered the possibility of an opt-in PDF version? As much as I love the new glossy format, I would happily save DAN some money by downloading a PDF instead.

     

    I second what 'below sea level' mentioned. Plus, the electronic version will keep my carry-on luggage weight at par. If it's a must-have on paper I can always print it at home.

     

    Fantastic work with the magazine and web site BTW!

    Edited by laz217
  11. I second what 'below sea level' mentioned. Plus, the electronic version will keep my carry-on luggage weight at par. If it's a must-have on paper I can always print it at home.

     

    Fantastic work with the magazine and web site BTW!

     

     

    Thanks all! Did you notice on the left hand side of the screen when you go to the flipbook version at

    http://www.tinyurl.com/ad-flipbook and http://www.tinyurl.com/ad-flipbook-2 there is an icon to save as PDF?

     

    I just did so as an experiment and it saved the current issue as an 11.8 MB PDF. If you ever want to get the flipbook and don't remember the URL, just go to http://www.alertdiver.com and click the icon in the upper right corner.

  12. Hi Stephen,

     

    WOW! I just had a look through the flip book and it's not the usual Alert Diver that's for sure. I am impressed - great work.

     

    James

  13. Thanks all! Did you notice on the left hand side of the screen when you go to the flipbook version at

    http://www.tinyurl.com/ad-flipbook and http://www.tinyurl.com/ad-flipbook-2 there is an icon to save as PDF?

     

    I just did so as an experiment and it saved the current issue as an 11.8 MB PDF. If you ever want to get the flipbook and don't remember the URL, just go to http://www.alertdiver.com and click the icon in the upper right corner.

    So is this a feature that will (or has been?) available for all issues going forward? Freely available via electronic format?

  14. So is this a feature that will (or has been?) available for all issues going forward? Freely available via electronic format?

     

    Alert Diver is a free member benefit. If you go to alertdiver.com you will be asked to log on with your member ID number. We don't plan to be overly obsessive about hiding content behind barriers, but Alert Diver is intended to be something created as an exclusive benefit to members and is protected from unauthorized distribution by copyright.

     

    Hi Stephen,

     

    WOW! I just had a look through the flip book and it's not the usual Alert Diver that's for sure. I am impressed - great work.

     

    James

     

    James - If you haven't already received your Alert Divers in the mail you must not be a DAN member. Shame on you :(

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.