Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Tokina 10-17 for Canon...

Started by Kublah ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 10-17 for Canon...

14 posts
  1. What is the deal with this lens? I have my housing ready to go and I can't find the lens anywhere. B&H, Adorama, Amazon... everyone is out of stock for the Canon one, and nobody has any dates of when it will be available. Anyone know what the deal is with the crazy short supply on this lens? I have a trip coming up in a couple months and my housing is all setup for this lens, but I can't find the darn lens!!

  2. You can try Allen's Camera, he got me one 2 weeks ago. www.allenscamera.com

     

    Stu

  3. I spoke to the Australian distributors for Tokina and they told me that Tokina can't keep up with the demand but they were unwilling to try to push through more production for fear of lowering the quality. They hope to receive another shipment at the end of March but most of those have already been allocated to backorders.

  4. I had someone have a quick look while they were in Japan last week, but it seems it was the same as everywhere else too - out of stock.

  5. I had someone have a quick look while they were in Japan last week, but it seems it was the same as everywhere else too - out of stock.

    There appear to be some in the normal HK shops, but quite a bit more money than I had thought.

    Bill

  6. Wow, it is apparently as bad and widespread as I feared. =) Thanks everyone for the great info. Fortunately I have until May to pick one up, so I will keep my eyes open and jump on one as soon as it becomes available. If not, then I will fall onto the eBay option, but I would rather not deal with a shipment from Hong Kong, in case I have problems.

  7. Wow, it is apparently as bad and widespread as I feared. =) Thanks everyone for the great info. Fortunately I have until May to pick one up, so I will keep my eyes open and jump on one as soon as it becomes available. If not, then I will fall onto the eBay option, but I would rather not deal with a shipment from Hong Kong, in case I have problems.

     

    I posted my approach in another thread.

     

    Tokina dealers

     

    Start calling. I got one a couple of weeks ago, but I think it was their last.

  8. Looks like it's back in stock at BH now.

  9. awesome! i ordered one. ill let yall know what they say

  10. thanks aussie! my lens will be here tomorrow!! i called them and they said they had a few in stock.

  11. lens came in today!!

  12. I also noticed that it all the sudden came back in on B&H, so I ordered it. received it yesterday and it is on my full setup now. Time for pool test #2, this time with camera and lens. Thanks all!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.