Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

i7 PC for CS4

Started by wagsy ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

i7 PC for CS4

7 posts
  1. Just loaded up Photoshop CS4 to view my raw 7D images, looks like my 3.2 GIG Quad PC is in need of an update.

    Takes 3 seconds for the raw editor to open an image and then another 3 to open in photoshop.

    Lets see now

     

    Over clock a INTEL CORE i7 920 2.66GHz 8MB CPU

    Heap of Ram.

    1GIG twin port graphics card.

    Raptor just the C: main drive

    New cool tower with 600watt power pack

    Overclockable mother board.

    Windows 7... should do the trick.

     

    Shall I be a real nerd and water cool it ;)

  2. A real geek would get a SSD boot drive and water cooling for a dual processor rig. ;) Oh and dual SLI graphic card with a 1200W power supply.

    Edited by Drew
  3. Now Drew I could but it then does not become cost effective when having the latest fastest powerful CPU's and stuff as they are just way to costly.

    I need to by a 7D housing as well ya know.

    A Raptor for the C; drive will make her boot up quick enough.

    Edited by wagsy
  4. Shall I be a real nerd and water cool it :D

     

     

    You can avoid the nerd tag if you use beer instead of water to cool it ;)

  5. I have almost exactly this gear;

     

    CORE i7 920 2.66 OC to 3.88 on air, no extra voltage

    12gig ram (2 6gig kit PC3-12800)

    Noctua NH-U12P

    Zalman 750w HP-silent

    Silent (passive cooled) 1gig ddr3 graphic card

     

    My 136gb raptor for Windows, and 2x1.5TB green caviar for main storage (raid1).

     

    Next upgrade will be a SSD, but I'll wait a bit until they get cheaper and faster.

     

    /Björn

  6. Wow, I read the i7 chips overclock really well.

     

    I might not have to water cool then, I hear these are pretty good fans too. V8 Cool master

  7. You can avoid the nerd tag if you use beer instead of water to cool it :(

    Yeah, but then you'd need some serious scolding for heating up otherwise good beer.

     

    I suppose you could use American beer, though... no harm can be done that wasn't done at the factory!

    Edited by CompuDude
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.