Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

SubSee magnifier for a G10? (sample pictures?)

Started by OralDouglas ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

SubSee magnifier for a G10? (sample pictures?)

7 posts
  1. Hey everyone!

     

    Ive been slowly upgrading my kit and am thinking about getting a macro lens- Im taking a lot of photos that I feel could benefit from a greater magnification.

     

     

    Now, I know that the SubSee lenses are good for dSLR setups, as there is a greater focal range. But what about the G10, which is quite limited?

    Also, what about the magnification on the zoom (which goes out to about 105mm, if im not mistaken)?

     

    Would it be worth it to get the SubSee magnifier (or another) for this camera given these "limitations"?

     

    (Also, i'd really appreciate it if someone has used this setup and has some feedback or pictures theyve taken with it that i could see!)

     

    A million thanks!

  2. Hey everyone!

     

    Ive been slowly upgrading my kit and am thinking about getting a macro lens- Im taking a lot of photos that I feel could benefit from a greater magnification.

     

     

    Now, I know that the SubSee lenses are good for dSLR setups, as there is a greater focal range. But what about the G10, which is quite limited?

    Also, what about the magnification on the zoom (which goes out to about 105mm, if im not mistaken)?

     

    Would it be worth it to get the SubSee magnifier (or another) for this camera given these "limitations"?

     

    (Also, i'd really appreciate it if someone has used this setup and has some feedback or pictures theyve taken with it that i could see!)

     

    A million thanks!

    You might start with the Inon wet diopter, you can stack them quite easily.

    Bill

  3. The Canon G10 is by far the most popular camera that we sell SubSees/Adapters to be used with (including DSLRs). I can assure you that both the +5 diopter and +10 diopter SubSees produce a significant magnification increase with the G10, without compromising image quality. The most magnification is produced when the camera lens is set to its longest focal length (140mm?)... as you zoom back toward the wide angle end of the camera's lens, magnification will decrease.

     

     

    Keri

  4. Hey everyone!

     

    Ive been slowly upgrading my kit and am thinking about getting a macro lens- Im taking a lot of photos that I feel could benefit from a greater magnification.

     

     

    Now, I know that the SubSee lenses are good for dSLR setups, as there is a greater focal range. But what about the G10, which is quite limited?

    Also, what about the magnification on the zoom (which goes out to about 105mm, if im not mistaken)?

     

    Would it be worth it to get the SubSee magnifier (or another) for this camera given these "limitations"?

     

    (Also, i'd really appreciate it if someone has used this setup and has some feedback or pictures theyve taken with it that i could see!)

     

    A million thanks!

     

     

    My wife uses a Subsee with her G10 and it is definitely worth it. In fact, after using my SubSee on her G10 (I use it with a Nikon 105mm lens), she insisted that we get another SubSee to replace her Inon.

  5. My wife uses a Subsee with her G10 and it is definitely worth it. In fact, after using my SubSee on her G10 (I use it with a Nikon 105mm lens), she insisted that we get another SubSee to replace her Inon.

    agree, subsee is great for macro !!

    BTW, Keri, when will you start shipping the M67 new Subsee, looking forward to use it !!

  6. Ok,

     

    Great, thanks for the replies everyone...

     

    Still looking for a little more information about the depth of field I might get with it though....

    I'd hate to spend a whole bunch and then find out I have the DoF of about a hairs width at best with my G10

     

    Anyone have any pics taken with the G10 and the subSee?

  7. edmond320 - If you have already paid for a SubSee, then expect an email very soon explaining the status of your order.

     

     

    Still looking for a little more information about the depth of field I might get with it though....

    I'd hate to spend a whole bunch and then find out I have the DoF of about a hairs width at best with my G10

     

    Geometric DOF is dependent on only 2 things: f-stop used and magnification ratio.... as long as these two factors are kept the same when comparing lenses, then it doesn't matter if you use brand X, Y, or Z wet lens.... they'll all produce the same depth of field.

     

    Keri

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.