Hey guys im really curious as to how deep the canon d10 can really go, the reason im interested is because its possibly the cheapest and actually affordable option for me at the moment and because reviews have shown that it takes prty awsome photos.
so if someone has one would you suggest buying?
and how far have people taken this camera?
cheers guys,
A reviewer took it to 20 mtrs.
Search the web as I can't remember where?
cheers yea, im wordering if its worth getting one because for the price they have what i need and the main reason is because their small and compact this is really the main reason why im interested.
know of anyone thats had personal experience?
cheers
Well as I am sure you know, the max limit is 33 ft. You can probably take it down deeper, but whether it will function or not is another story. Also, just because someone else managed to use it at 20 meters doesn't mean it will always work . If you are looking for a dive camera, the waterproofs are not really ideal...yet...
Now there is another cam rated to 10 meters, that will likely have superior everything to the canon d10.
It has better wide angle, 28mm - 128mm, and better video.
No doubt the auto focus and shutter lag are much faster than the d10!!!
If you are happy with 3 meter depth cams, the sony T5 is probably better than either of them!
Don
cheers guys, yea thats what i was thinking wanted a few good experiences before i brought one,
sweet ill have a look at it
yea im planing to dive down to 20ish meters but just dont have the cash for a 800$ set up.
cheers yea, im wordering if its worth getting one because for the price they have what i need and the main reason is because their small and compact this is really the main reason why im interested.
know of anyone thats had personal experience?
cheers
I think your question has more answers in another forum thread here since there is another one for dedicated UW digicams. However, I happen to be very happy with my D10, I love it. The image quality is great. It goes diving alongside my housed D300 on shallow dives but I would not risk taking it deeper than its rating since I don't have 300 bucks to toss in the ocean just to find out!