New wide angle lens announced here:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10022211tokina16282pt8.asp
Apparently aimed at full-frame slrs, but not sure if it's the long-awaited full-frame fisheye zoom (I guess probably not)- no further details available.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by Ferg42 ·
Read-only discussion
New wide angle lens announced here:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10022211tokina16282pt8.asp
Apparently aimed at full-frame slrs, but not sure if it's the long-awaited full-frame fisheye zoom (I guess probably not)- no further details available.
Good find Fergus.
The focal length is about right for a fisheye (and very similar to the old Pentax 17-28mm FF fisheye zoom, which I think was made by Tokina). But sadly that hood is too long for a fisheye! It is a rectilinear.
How I would love to be wrong, though!
Alex
Unfortunatelly, as Alex said, for the aspect is a rectilinear lens. The old Pentax fisheye zoom (made in Tokina) was a 17-28 mm f:3,5-4,5. We hope to arrive, as son as possible, one new fisheye zoom made in Tokina for the full frame format.
We, or any body else have no clue what exactly this lens will be – fisheye or rectilinear
At the moment the only thing certain is that Tokina is making a Tokina SD 16-28mm F2.8 (IF) FX AT-X PRO with a focal length of 16 to 28mm for FX, price Unknown, availability unknown, fisheye or rectilinear not certain, only speculation as the lens that was shown at PMA was only mock up.
http://gadgets.softpedia.com/news/Tokina-I...Rs-8120-01.html
http://gadgets.softpedia.com/news/Tokina-I...Rs-8120-01.html
Surprising nothing on either Nikon Rumors - http://nikonrumors.com or Photo Rumors - http://photorumors.com except something about a new 14mm from Samyang.
We will just have to wait and see.
Damm! I hate waiting
The mockups integral shade is definitely not cut for a fisheye field of view.
My Nikon 16-35 /4 VR was delivered yesterday, but I'd be interested in how these compare, and am glad to see more full frame rectilinear lenses with modern designs.
On the labelling on the lens shown there is no mention of Fisheye, whereas on all other Tokina lenses it says fisheye there so that would tend to support the likelihood that it is a rectilinear lens - this is also supported by the lens hood as Alex pointed out.
Rectilinear is better than fisheye! ![]()
Rectilinear is better than fisheye!![]()
On this, I agree
.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.