Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

hierro . montage from canary islands

Started by ennnric ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

hierro . montage from canary islands

6 posts
  1. Hi there,

    I'm new in this forum and a rookie in the underwater video. And I'm sharing one of my firsts montages.

    I wait for your comments.

     

    [vimeohd]9650791[/vimeohd]

     

    Thanks!

    Edited by Drew
  2. Very interesting creative editing. If this is your first effort of editing, then I'm interested to see your next clip.

    If I do have suggestions, it's your schooling fish sequence, you were repeating similar shots too many times. If you have time, plan to shoot wide, medium and closeup with all subjects. I like the sequence at the beginning (nice use of B&W and vignetting) is a great example of editing with wide, medium and CU shots . I did find the vignetting to be a bit distracting after awhile especially on the later schooling fish scenes. Also the use of the slow motion sequences were unnecessary as the tempo moved up already. Still you made mundane dive scenes interesting in your clip, which is the sign of a good editor. Nice soundtrack too. Nice work.

    Edited by Drew
  3. Nice one Enric, liked the transition from Black and white to colour and the music was very dramatic. What editing software were you using?

     

    Keep it up, very good first effort.

     

    Jo

  4. What editing software were you using?

     

    Hi Jo,

    I'm used to work with AfterEffects and FinalCut. It depends of the projects.

    But this was maked full in After.

    Thanks for your comment!

  5. Was the vignetting done in post?

  6. Was the vignetting done in post?

     

    No, I just wrote the the plane URL.

    Thansk for it!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.