Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Palm Beach Muck Diving (and 1Ds housing)

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Palm Beach Muck Diving (and 1Ds housing)

12 posts
  1. The critters you find here are amazing. Michael O'Neil tells me that it is because the Gulf Stream comes so close to here, and Caribbean critters blow in here when they are in their larval stages.

     

    It's funny to dive with all these great animals, dodging fishing hooks and the trash that sits under the bridge.

     

    Let's get this out of the way, first:

     

    1ds.jpg

     

    And now, some images (Canon 1Ds, 100mm USM Macro lens, dual Ike DS-125 strobes with diffuser)

     

    bat.jpg

     

    worm.jpg

     

    scorpion.jpg

     

    And finally, a 100% crop, after conversion from raw (no sharpening):

     

    scorpion_eye.jpg

  2. Let's get this out of the way, first:

     

    1ds.jpg

    Tell me that's a loaner... please :D

     

    Lovely shots there Eric, presumably taken with the 1Ds. Very very nice.

  3. You know what they say about a man with big camera equipment don't you!

     

    Superb shots.

  4. You know what they say about a man with big camera equipment don't you!

    Hey! This housing is smaller than my last one, I think. :D

     

    According to photo.net, it's people with really nice SLR bodies and Tamron 28-300mm lenses that uh.. you know. :)

  5. Dood, all right! Time to edit your signature now Eric.

     

    I like the "pearlescent" look on the worm. Nice!

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. Can't wait to see some wide angle from the 1Ds. Gonna be awesome.

  7. Hey!.. Aren't you supposed to be working? :D

     

    Beautiful colors on those shots, Eric. Now.. where is it? I see you photographed the Bobbit worm thingy, which isn't too far from the Yellow Seahorse. So cough it up.. give me another reason to go DSLR. :)

  8. Hey!.. Aren't you supposed to be working? :D

    Aren't you supposed to be diving with us? :) Here's one. Nothing to write home about...

  9. another one.

  10. Hey!.. Aren't you supposed to be working? :D

    Aren't you supposed to be diving with us? :o

    If I call in sick to work any more they're going to quarantine my cubicle with me in it. Wish I could join you guys.. I know you must be having a blast... Jimmy calls me at work to make sure I know all about it. &$(*$#@ :)

     

    That seahorse is quite shy. All my photographs of the little guy are pretty much at the same angle.

  11. So finally you did it :( - and finally I know the reason why you think

    about selling one of your cars. Tell me: Did you also buy the 45 degree

    viewfinder? How many ports do you own for the Seacam now?

  12. Yes -- I opted for the S45 viewfinder. I have the superdome, WA port, and P90 macro port, with assorted extenders for various lenses.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.