Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Hugyfot 7d housing

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Hugyfot 7d housing

2 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    A friend took delivery of his Hugyfot housing last Thursday, and we took it for a dive yesterday. With the dearth of housings yet available for this camera, I thought that I should post a few observations, but please bear in mind that this is based on very limited time and experience with it!

     

    The finish is excellent as is common with the Hugyfot gear.

    The camera and control fit is excellent.

    The housing (again in common with the Hugy housings) is a very small form factor. This translates to a very acceptable size for packing etc, and the housing seems very light.

    It was used with a macro port, and it was tad negative (in fresh water). I think a float collar or similar would easily sort this.

    The control buttons are a bit too close together for my liking. I was wearing dry gloves, and struggled to access the mode setting etc. This is not something that will affect warm water shooters!

    I'm used to a Subal 45 degree viewfinder, and when I compared the Hugyfot felt that it was quite small. My friend hadn't sorted out the diopter on his camera (or my eyes are weird!) because I was really struggling to get the info from the viewfinder.

     

    The cameras AF performed flawlessly in very challenging gloomy conditions-without a focus light.

     

    All the best

     

    Adam

  2. The cameras AF performed flawlessly in very challenging gloomy conditions-without a focus light.

     

    Could I be more excited right now? I think not. Where in the HELL is my housing, already??????

     

    My warmest congrats to your friend on his new rig :)

     

    Allison

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.