Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any use Nikkor 50mm prime lense underwater?

Started by coloradodawn ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Any use Nikkor 50mm prime lense underwater?

4 posts
  1. I have a Nikkor 50mm prime 1.4 lense on order for above-water shots. Portraits, pets, etc. Camera = Nikon D300.

    Just wondering if there would be ANY use for this lense underwater? Currently, I shoot "old school" strictly wide angle (12-24, 10-17) or macro (105mm). I do have a 18-70 setup, but, have only used it a few times.

    I'm thinking the 50mm wouldn't be all that useful underwater, but, interested to see what others have to say. This lense claims close focusing up to 1.5 feet.

     

    :)

  2. Does not focus close enough to be much use.

     

    Alex

  3. If you want to shoot a little macro, you can always just pop an extension tube like a 25mm. Should get you closer to a subject.

  4. Dr. Mustard: I thought as much. Thank you! By the way, took your advice of a warming filter on my Inon strobes last trip. I love the change in the blues!

     

    Thank you, Drew!

    Edited by coloradodawn
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.