Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subal extension rings

Started by okuma ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Subal extension rings

2 posts
  1. For a particular application, Subal recommends a "18/3" extension.

     

    What do these numbers mean?

     

    Also, I have an extension ring, how do I measure it to determine the extension?

     

    Thanks in advance.

  2. For a particular application, Subal recommends a "18/3" extension.

     

    What do these numbers mean?

    That is an 18mm long extension for a Type 3 mount.

     

    Also, I have an extension ring, how do I measure it to determine the extension?
    The length is measured from the flat surface on the front of the female end to the flat surface at the base of the bayonet mount at the male end (ie length of extension not including the bayonet connection at the male end).
Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.