I finally have my Tokina 10-17 lens in for my 40D and the housing is all setup, however, I am having a terrible time with the zoom clamp/gear sleeve setup and am hoping maybe you guys can give me some advice. It is frustrating me enough that I am considering just removing the entire zoom capability all together and just setup the zoom at 10 or 11mm and call it a day.
Anyhow, the trouble is that the Tokina lens is extremely small as many owners may know, so I have to use the sleeve (rubber piece with bungies that fits around the zoom ring). The issue is that there is no way that I can see where you can set everything up on your lens and slide it into the housing. The clamp (clear plastic piece) has to be installed between your housing and dome port. This means that when I go to slide the camera into the housing, I am trying to line up the two lines on the sleeve on my lens with the two lines on the clamp perfectly to slide in the body into the housing. I have tried 10 times and every time I wind up with not a good alignment and it ends up pushing the sleeve up on my lens and as a result I don't have any zoom capability. Am I missing something here or is it really this complicated? Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.